Get Ahead Of The Bed Bugs In Oahu
Searching for bed bug pest control near you? You’re in luck! Pest Tech Hawaii provides bed bug pest control in Oahu and surrounding areas. We offer effective bed bug control and pest control to kill bed bugs quickly.
Interested in natural pest control for bed bugs? Our technicians can advise if this solution is viable. Local pest control for bed bugs is now available in the Aloha State.
Early Warning Signs Of Bed Bugs In Oahu Homes
Beginning a bed bug control program is best when only preventative measures are necessary, but that’s not always possible. Doing a thorough check of the premises is an excellent way to detect bed bugs from the onset. Notice any of the following around the home?
- Bed Bugs: If homeowners see a bed bug in the house, there could be more lurking throughout the property. Living bed bugs are worse, but even a dead bed bug can indicate a more significant presence. Adults, nymphs, and eggs can let observers know these pests mean business.
- Bites: When household members begin waking up with bites from an unknown source, it could be time for pest control to kill bed bugs.
- Markings: Without a doubt, one of the nastiest signs of these parasites is seeing specks in the home. These dark-colored markings are waste left from bed bugs. Such disturbing evidence can be found on headboards, bedding, and walls.
- Skins: As young bed bugs grow into adults, they shed skins that no longer fit. These molted skins may be seen in areas where bed bugs have frequented.
What A Bed Bug Infestation Is Like In Oahu
Even a tropical paradise can suffer from a bed bug invasion. Actually, bed bugs can become a problem because of Oahu’s location and climate. Tourists flock to this destination for sun, surf, and serenity every year. Unfortunately, some tourists are unwilling modes of transportation for these bugs brought in from all over the world.
The more people come and go from this island, the higher the chances of bed bug infestations cropping up in Honolulu, Pearl City, Waipahu, and Waimanalo Beach. This place is the land of resorts, hotels, and vacation rentals, but residents need to watch out for bed bugs, especially anyone who works in one of these areas where travelers frequent.
How To Stop Bed Bugs In Oahu From Coming Back
Once bed bugs move in, it’s hard to get them out without exerting quite a bit of effort. One way to avoid this struggle is to concentrate on prevention. Make sure these pests can’t sneak in by implementing the following strategies:
- Avoid risky spots: If possible, forgo lingering in airports, thrift shops, libraries, and hotels. These places are known to attract people, and since people are the favored hosts of bed bugs, these pests may be nearby.
- Decontaminate before going into the home: Take off socks and other clothing items in a garage or shed area. Promptly wash and dry these items and yourself to reduce the possibility of bringing these insects into the residence.
- Hire a company specializing in bed bug pest control near you: Even if there aren’t any bed bugs onsite, a pest control company can provide helpful tips and tricks to safeguard the property against these blood feeders.
- Use natural pest control for bed bugs: Spraying paraffin, silicone, spearmint, or blood orange oil has been shown to deter bed bugs.
How Do I Get Rid Of Bed Bugs In My Oahu Home Permanently?
The safest, most effective way to take care of a bed bug problem forever is to work with Pest Tech Hawaii. We provide bed bug pest control in Oahu. The do-it-yourself (DIY) approach may sound easy enough, but it simply doesn’t work. We offer local home pest control for bed bugs that work long-term.
I have been using Pest Tech for the unit I manage and my personal property for the last 3 years. They are always on time, makes sure to follow up before regular service, cost efficient and always friendly.