Spider Wars: How To Win The Battle Against Arachnids In Honolulu
July 15, 2023
Spider Behavior: How They Hunt, Feed, And Mate
Most spiders in Hawaii try to avoid people, but occasionally, while searching for food or shelter, they enter people’s homes. Spiders hunt using either a web or chasing their prey, and they inject venom to immobilize their meal. These arachnids typically consume insects like ants, mosquitoes, and cockroaches.
When spiders mate, the females can lay hundreds of eggs that will hatch quickly. For example, common house spiders lay about 250 eggs at a time that hatch in about a week. If you are finding spiders around the house, contact us at Pest Tech Hawaii so we can help to prevent a significant infestation.
Spider Problems: Why You Don’t Want These Arachnids In Your Home
While spiders in the house might provide a service of eliminating insects, they aren’t often welcome house guests. Spiders can cause problems inside your home, and their presence may indicate you have other issues. Here are just a few of the reasons you don’t want to be living with spiders:
- A couple of spiders can quickly turn into a large infestation.
- A large population of spiders can attract larger pests that prey on them.
- Some species create new webs daily, leaving quite a mess for you.
- Venomous spiders in Hawaii, such as brown and black widows, can cause medical problems when they bite.
- Having a lot of spiders around your house means they have a lot of prey to eat, and you likely have an insect infestation.
If you see more than one or two of these arachnids, it is time to take action before the problem worsens. If you need assistance getting rid of spiders in the house, contact us at Pest Tech Hawaii.
Preventing Spider Infestations: Practical Tips And Tricks
As with most pests, prevention is the simplest and most effective form of control. Here are some tips and tricks the pros recommend to prevent spiders in the home:
- Reduce clutter to eliminate hiding spots for spiders and their prey.
- Seal cracks, gaps, and crevices that may provide an entryway for spiders.
- Store firewood at least 20 feet away from your home.
- Work with a pest control company to eliminate any other pest infestations that may attract spiders.
If you need help determining what is attracting spiders or how they are getting inside, contact us today at Pest Tech Hawaii. Our technicians can help eliminate your spider problem and keep them from returning.
Professional Pest Control: A Great Spider Control Solution
Professional pest control is the best way to get rid of spiders and the prey that attracts them. At Pest Tech Hawaii, we strive to deliver our services with honor, integrity, and respect in the true spirit of “Aloha.” Contact us today to learn how we can help eliminate troublesome pests or to request a pest control estimate for your home.