While many people associate pest problems with the spring or summertime, you can have a pest infestation any time of the year, which is why year-round pest control in Oahu is so essential. Here’s what local homeowners should know about why pests are active all year long, the types of pests you may encounter in your home, the problems they cause, and the benefit of using year-round home pest control.
Pests Are Active All Year Long
While some pests may not be a problem during the wintertime or certain parts of the year, there are active pests in every season. For instance, termites don’t hibernate or take a season off – these critters will continue happily gnawing away at your home throughout the entire year.
Other pests, like cockroaches, bed bugs, or rodents, may intentionally seek shelter during the colder months so they can continue thriving indoors. Of course, pest control isn’t just important to keep winter pests away. As the days get longer and the temperature rises, ticks, mosquitoes, and other pests may become more active.
Ultimately, pest control isn’t limited to just one season – there are plenty of pests that can invade your home throughout any part of the year, and keeping them away means using year-round pest control from Pest Tech Hawaii.
Types Of Pests That Invade Homes
Speaking of the pests that you may find in your home throughout different times of the year, here’s a quick list of Oahu’s most common home invaders:
- Ants: While most ants are a nuisance, some species can spread bacteria or even cause structural damage to your home if an infestation goes untreated.
- Bed bugs: Bed bugs can leave itchy red bumps behind, but because they’re most active at night and tend to be smaller in size, they can be easy to miss.
- Cockroaches: Regardless of the type of cockroach, these insects tend to be resistant to pesticides and may enter your home to avoid the cold.
- Fleas: While they may be difficult to spot with the naked eye, fleas can feed on animal hosts as well as people and easily start infestations inside Oahu homes.
- Ticks: Ticks can carry a wide variety of diseases and can even be active during the winter or colder months.
- Mosquitoes: Mosquitoes can be one of the most annoying parts of Oahu’s summer, and since many carry mosquito-borne diseases, these pests are more than just a nuisance.
- Rodents: From house mice to roof rats and brown rats, rodents can invade your Oahu home at just about any time of the year.
- Spiders: While spiders may be more visible during the warmer months because it’s typically their mating season, these creepy critters can still pop up during the wintertime as well.
- Termites: In addition to causing plenty of property damage, termites don’t take a break to hibernate during the winter or any other part of the year.
Given the number of common pests and the wide variety of problems they cause, it’s worth it to stay ahead of pest control in Oahu.
Benefits Of Year-Round Pest Control
When one pest takes a break or hibernates for the season, there’s always another one ready to invade your home. Using year-round pest control means that you’ll be able to protect your home throughout the entire year, and that’s exactly what we aim to do at Pest Tech Hawaii.
As the trusted choice for pest management in Oahu and surrounding areas, we’ve dealt with every pest listed above and more. If you’re currently dealing with a pest problem or you’re interested in learning more about how you can protect your home with year-round pest control, don’t wait any longer – contact us today at Pest Tech Hawaii to learn how we can help.
I have been using Pest Tech for the unit I manage and my personal property for the last 3 years. They are always on time, makes sure to follow up before regular service, cost efficient and always friendly.