Keeping Ants Out Of Your Honolulu Home
March 15, 2022
Even though there are many different types of ants, ant control for homeowners doesn’t need to be complicated. Ant pest control can be easy and successful. Need ant control in Honolulu? Let Pest Tech Hawaii provide effective ant control to put those minds at ease. Whether you’re seeking ant control in your house or ant control in your yard, our qualified technicians can handle this type of pest problem in a jiffy.
How To Identify The Type Of Ant Infesting Your Honolulu Home
Ant control for homeowners can help determine what types of ants are found on the premises. What kinds of these pests may be invading? What’s the difference?
- Argentine Ant: This dark brown species may reach a quarter of an inch in length.
- Big-Headed Ant: An invasive ant, this reddish-brown pest can range from two mm to four mm long.
- Crazy Ant: Deep brown to black in color, this ant may be seen moving in a bizarre manner as it looks for food.
- Hawaiian Carpenter Ant: Check out the size of Hawaii’s largest type of ant that features yellowish-brown coloring with dark striping.
- Long-Legged Ant: As its name suggests, this ant has long legs. Homeowners may notice this pest’s light brown color and big eyes.
- Pharaoh Ant: This type of ant can be red, light brown, or even on the side of yellow.
- Tiny Yellow Ant: This pale yellow ant may be common in Hawaiian homes.
- Tropical Fire Ant: Shades of red and orange are the most typical colors this stinging ant exhibits.
- White-Footed Ant: Ivory-colored feet are noticeable on this ant that is dark brown to black in overall coloring.
The Problems Ants Can Cause On Your Honolulu Property
Staying on top of both ant control in your house and ant control in your yard can protect household members from the dangers ants pose. While these pests may not seem scary like scorpions or gross like cockroaches, their presence brings risks.
Pharaoh ants spread pathogens that can lead to diseases like salmonellosis. Carpenter ants are capable of causing massive amounts of damage to homes, structures, and other buildings. Fire ants can leave painful welts on the skin by stinging unsuspecting household members. Many types of ants are known to contaminate food products.
Natural Ant Prevention Tips For Honolulu Properties
Seeking effective ant control? If ants have not yet become a problem, natural preventative methods may be pretty helpful in keeping ants away:
- Apply Essential Oils: The essence of tea tree, lavender, peppermint, cedarwood, patchouli, and lemongrass may all help deter ants. Choose one or two of these oils; apply liberally to areas ants may want to explore.
- Keep After Crumbs: Wiping spills and crumbs away every time as soon as messes can make a place less inviting for ants. Be sure to use a disinfecting spray when wiping down these areas.
- Spray Vinegar: Ants don’t like the smell of vinegar. Spraying this liquid outside in problem areas and in and around home entry points can make a home less appealing to ants.
- Sprinkle Diatomaceous Earth: This nontoxic powder can repel ants when used consistently.
- Use Boiling Water: If there are ant colonies in the yard, boil some kettles full of water. Carefully pour boiling water onto ant hills to keep ants from making their way inside.
How To Get Rid Of Ants In Honolulu & Keep Them Away
The best ant pest control starts with a professional approach. Pest Tech Hawaii can take care of any problems with ants, ensuring these pests stay out of the property. We offer pest control in Honolulu that is safe, effective, and reliable. When you work with us, you see results!
As a Realtor with At Home Hawaii, I work with Pest Tech on a regular basis. The quotes are always competitive and the people we've been working with have been great. I highly recommend Pest Tech.